van der walls-understanding problem

From: Rudra Banerjee (bnrj.rudra_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 09:50:31 CDT

i have a rather silly question. given that vanderwalls' potential is pair potential,how can we define the 'cutoff' and 'switchdist' key in .conf file, which will apply same value of cutoff for all atom pair? my feeling is it implies all type of atom combination will have same cut-off. isnt it physically arguable? -- Rudra JRF; SNBNCBS http://www.bose.res.in/~rudra A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station. Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments Why?See: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/