Re: NAMD 2.7?

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 14:40:39 CDT

Hi Michel,
the current plan is to release NAMD2.7 sometime this fall. Most of the
general features that are included are already in cvs, although I can't
give a full list off the top of my head (there haven't been any efforts
beginning to consolidate it just yet). I know there has been a lot of
work on further improving scalability, including new load balancers and
some optimized loops with SSE intrinsics to speed things up. Most of the
authors of other new features are also on the list, so perhaps they can
comment if they feel their code will be ready for the release.