benchmarking of NAMD: sustained performance (TF)

From: satya work (satya.work_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 22:47:30 CDT

Dear NAMD users

We are in the process of buying a 5-7 TF cluster and NAMD is one of the
codes that is routinely used in our group. Are there any benchmarks
available for NAMD performance in terms of flops for various
machines/vendors? I have looked in the mailing list and also on the net,
but could not get the right information. Most of the benchmarking results I
found are in terms of seconds/MD step. I am interested in sustained
performance of NAMD in terms of Teraflops (on various architectures) and I
am wondering if such information has been compiled.

-Thanks
Satya