Re: Which namd on amd64?

From: V.Ovchinnikov (ovchinnv_at_MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 17:19:43 CDT

Hi, Steve,

I noticed very little difference in performance between namd running in
parallel with charm++, and namd in parallel with Open-Mpi. Mpich1 was
definitely slower for me. I have an 8cpu xeon system

Victor

P.S.
I don't know what kind of simulations your users will be running, but 2
cpus isn't much at all for proteins in explicit water.