Re: PCA calculation

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 07:11:27 CST

Hi Ramya,
perhaps my attempt at humor went more poorly than I intended, in which
case I apologize. Just to be clear, in my opinion there's nothing
inherently better about writing your own tool to do something if there's
a perfectly functional solution out there. It is, however, useful to be
aware of the presence of ways to go beyond previously existing tools in
case you want to do something new and different; it was in that spirit
that I offered the suggestion of matdcd. I am sorry for any
misunderstanding this generated.