Re: catDCD 32 bit Vs. 64 bit Version

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 13:26:09 CST

Hi Alok,
I don't think this is likely to be the problem if you're just working on
an amd64; I routinely transition between dcds produced by 64-bit and
32-bit machines without difficulty. namd should write with the same
precision in either case. Could you specify where and how you produced
the dcd, where you're trying to read it, and what the expected and
actual number of frames are? The only time I'm aware of there being
portability problems with dcds is where there's a change in endianism
between machines, or when you're using AIX (see the discussion at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/3332.html).