Strange Input Error

From: Jason Wyonn O'Young (joyoung_at_uwo.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2008 - 02:05:37 CST

Hi All,

I am having problems initiating a run on my local system.

The problem is that the .conf file works on a version compiled on another system.

When I run namd2 on my own hardware (I tried both pre-compiled and compiling myself), I get the following error:
"FATAL ERROR: Please specify either XPLOR or CHARMM format for parameters!"

I have determined that this is due to the length of a certain line in my .conf file (A tcl list for abf input). The error persists when I separate the line with backslashes or comment it out. However, when I shorten the list, it seems to work.

I am assuming it has something to do with the number of characters that is read by namd2. But, I am perplexed as to why the file works on a different system.

Thanks in advance,
Jason