Re: segmentation fault?

From: Giacomo Fiorin (gfiorin_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 17:46:19 CST

Hello Bin, for a system of that size the memory usage is of the order
of few tens of Mb, certainly too small to explain. Also, most of the
times you shouldn't get a segmentation fault (which means that there's
an internal error when accessing data), but an operating system error
instead.

Are you concatenating minimization and dynamics with Tcl? If you have
a Tcl library that doesn't behave properly on your Cray's operating
system, you may be better off just running separate input files for
NAMD that don't use Tcl, and investigate the problem in the meantime.
Unless you're using tclForces, results are completely equivalent with
and without Tcl. It's just a little less convenient for you to set up
separate inputs :-(

Giacomo

---- -----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   Center for Molecular Modeling at
     University of Pennsylvania
     231 S 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
 phone: (+1)-215-573-4773
 fax: (+1)-215-573-6233
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_<at>_gmail.com