The correlation of SMD force vs. AFM data

From: Shulin Zhuang (shulin.zhuang_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 14:51:15 CST

Dear All,

Here I have a question about the correlation of protein unfolding force
computed by constant velocity pulling SMD and from AFM force data for a
protein and two mutantS. I find that these SMD Force data and the AFM force
data have a high linear correlation. Is it right or not, or they should
have a exponential correlation.

By the way, for certain proteins, even AFM force is nearly zero, the SMD
unfolding force is very high, how to explain it>

Great thanks
Shulin