Compiling NAMD on PPC G4 w/Apple's Leopard

From: Joshua Adelman (jadelman_at_berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2007 - 10:31:57 CST

I was wondering if anyone has successfully compiled namd/charm++ from
source on an G4 Mac running Leopard (OSX 10.5.1) using the standard
developer tools (gcc,g++,etc)? I'm having some difficulties, so if
anyone has detailed notes of how they set up their system, I'd
appreciate it if they were to pass them along. I think most of my
problems stem from the charm++ build (I've tried both the mpi and net
versions).

Thanks,
Josh

Joshua L. Adelman
Biophysics Graduate Group Lab: 510.643.2159
218 Wellman Hall Fax: 510.642.7428
University of California, Berkeley http://nature.berkeley.edu/~jadelman
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA jadelman_at_berkeley.edu