RE: howcan I use amber forcefield in NAMD?

From: Huy N. Ha (Huy.Ha_at_vcp.monash.edu.au)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 17:24:36 CST

The alternative would be to use Antechamber: http://amber.scripps.edu/antechamber/antechamber.html which is distributed freely, and can generate the required top/crd amber formats that you need as it contains tleap. The top file is the crucial file you need (psf doesn't work for the amber force field), as for the crd file, it will end up generating a coord(pdb) file after the minimization run anyway. Also, if I remember correctly, NAB also contains tleap http://www.scripps.edu/mb/case/casegr-sh-3.2.html and might suit your purpose?

Mr. Huy Ha
B. Med. Chem. Honours Student
Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry
Victorian College of Pharmacy