How to evaluate the area per lipid and thickness of a lipid bilayer?

From: Ming (ebullience_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 22:24:03 CDT

Hi all,
I do't know how to calculate the area per lipid and thickness for a lipid bilayer.
Is there a standard to calculate them, or can anyone tell me where I ca n get a
paper which discribed this point. Again, could anyone share the scripts to
calculte them and the experimental data of POPE, POPC, DPPC and any other lipids?
I have some scripts, however, I can not get the same value as others'.
Any help will be highly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Ming

We are but we makeˇ­ˇ­