Re: printing and global variables within TclBC script

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 21:44:39 CDT

Hi Leandro,
I see what you're after... sorry, I think I missed this initially. Yes,
this is an intrinsic limitation of the tclbc implementation, that
migrating atoms won't carry persistent data with them. I'm not aware of
any way in tclbc to send data along with atoms. I don't think there's
any way to know when an atom is going to migrate without adding some
hooks pretty deep inside namd, which aren't currently present. I know
having some way to synchronize data between processors in tclbc is on
the grand unified namd wish list. Is there any data in particular that
you're wanting to pass along?

Peter