Re: for the isntall and run NAMD soft on 8 core (dual quad-core Xeons) system

From: Victor Ovchinnikov (ovchinnv_at_MIT.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 19:11:27 CDT

Shulin,
The existing 64 bit binaries compiled for AMD processors (both TCP/UDP)
work fine (as also suggested by previous posts on this topic). I have a
cluster of dual 4-core Xeons that I've tried this on.

The execution command is unchanged (essentially as you describe)

One thing that I don't know, and wonder if others have any information,
is how NAMD scales with the number of these 8-cpu babies connected by
myrinet/infiniband. I have Gbit ethernet, and so the scaling is decent
for big systems only (>100,000 atoms) and only up to around 4 nodes

Victor