Re: About QM-MM

From: Christopher Harrison (char_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 08:30:05 CDT

Hi Dow,

The scalability of NAMD remains one of it's greatest strengths.
While the QM calculation will be the bottleneck for speed in most
QMMM calculations, we hope to maintain the scalability of NAMD's MD
within QMMM.

Whatever the outcome, to be very clear about this: the scalability
and speed of NAMD MD, which many users depend upon, will in NOT be
negatively altered. :-)

Best,
Chris