Re: Dihedral Parameterization

From: Jan Saam (saam_at_charite.de)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 03:47:04 CDT

Dear Venky,

The energy minimum is the most important region because this region will
be accessed more often during the MD simulation than the barriers. You
should try to fit the dihedral function around the minimum at -180/180
deg. Unless you are particularly interested in the barrier crossing this
should be fine. In case you want to properly describe the barrier
region, too, you can use the dihedral expansion, i.e. you define a
dihedral with multiplicity>1 where you have several terms with different
periodicities for one dihedral.

Jan

--
Jan Saam