Charm++ Compilation

From: Philip Peartree (P.Peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 08:35:00 CDT

Hi All,

I'm working on a NAMD compilation, and I have compiled up the Charm++ bit.. with
mpi-linux-amd64 (using the portland compilers) I have managed to get the
compilation to work using -nobs switch. The only changes I have made is to
remove mentions of -rdynamic from src/scripts/configure and
src/scripts/configure.in and to adjust the compilers used in
scr/arch/mpi-linux-amd64.

I am getting a stack overflow on running the megatest program, and from what
I've read, it is important to get this working before embarking on the actually
NAMD compilation.

The error message is:
**ERROR: in routine alloca() there is a
stack overflow: thread 0, max 535822332KB, used 2KB, request -1082412208B

Any ideas

Philip Peartree
University of Manchester