Re: setting solvent density during solvation

From: Cesar Luis Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 16:47:37 CDT

This kind of crash does not mean that your simulation is wrong. As I
told you before, this parameter is related to space partitioning, ie, on
how namd manages to assign a subspace of the simulation to different
processors. You could prevent it to happen using larger margin values,
but this will probably result on worst scaling. What you should do in
these cases is to restart the simulation from a previous restart point.
This way namd will be able to reassing the subspaces taking into account
the current dimensions.
I am sorry if I messed it all up on my explanations. Perhaps someone on
the list can give a better explanation?
Regards
Cesar

I think there was something on NAMD WIKI about this?