Re: Extended System Conservation

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 14:23:07 CDT

Hi Josh,
it would help if you clarify what you expect somewhat. If you're running
NVT/NPT, total energy of your system is *not* conserved (see definition
of these ensembles). Because the extended system is just a clone of your
direct system, though, if an ensemble is being enforced on your unit
cell, it applies to the periodic system as well (since they're the same ;-).
Best,
Peter