Re: removing waters from big dcd files

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 15:13:20 CDT

Hi Rebecca,
these are actually serial numbers, not indices (which start from 0), and
are likely giving you a dcd file that doesn't correspond to the atoms
you want. I'd recommend getting the indices as follows in vmd:

set sel [atomselect top protein]
set ofile [open "protein.ind" "w"]
puts $ofile [$sel get index]
close $ofile