Hydrogen Atoms and Water Molecules

From: Yu Liu (yliu452_at_uwo.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 21:21:38 CDT

Dear All,

   Recently, when I read some papers, I notice those papers are talking to
use other software such as X-Plor and Solvate to add hydrogen atoms and
water molecules to the biomacromolecule, respectively. But during my
studying, I found the NAMD/VMD provides "Guess hydrogen" and "solvate" two
commands to finish these mentioned two functions. So should I separate this
process same as reported by those papers using two software? What is the
difference between them?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Yu Liu