negative force

From: shivam ghosh (sghosh0186_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 00:42:24 CDT

Dear all namd users,

I am doing a steered molecular dynamics simulation with constant velocity
pullling.

For a velocity of the order of 10^-8 A/time step for a time step equal to 2
fs the plot of the force versus time graph obtained from the log file shows
a negative value of force.

I am attaching the plot that i obtained for reference.

I am confused whether the plot from log file gives the magnitude of force(in
which case it cant be negative) or the direction as well.

I will be very thankful if anyone could shed some light on the above
mentioned problem.

Regards
Shivam Ghosh
JNCASR