Re: ABF inFiles

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 11:57:35 CDT

Hi Vaithee,
Your first reaction is correct: since data read through niFiles gets included
in the output file, in most cases one should only include the output from the
previous run. We made it possible to read several files there only to make it
easier for users to switch between several smaller "windows" and larger ones,
merging the results of several previous runs.
In addition to checking the number of samples in each bin, you can look in the
output for this message:
TCL: ABF> Loading previous force data from meoh01.dat ...
TCL: ABF> 2454014 sampling points retrieved
The number of samples there may be a bit smaller than the number of timesteps
if the system has spent some time at the boundaries, where no samples are
collected.

You are not the only person to have been confused about this, so I will think
of updating the manual to make this point clearer.

Best,
Jerome