Re: About pmf

From: bqluan (bqluan_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 10:35:02 CDT

I think that it also depends on how you constrain the binding pocket
when you pull the ligand. The work computed in the mentioned way
includes the work to stretch the binding pocket, which converts the part
of the work into potential energy in the deformed binding pocket or
whole host molecule. So, I suggest that you compute the work using
"pulling force times the relative displacement of ligand to binding
pocket surface", which doesn't include the extra elastic potential in
the deformed host molecule. But, I know that it is also tricky to
define the position of binding pocket.
By the way, the stiff spring should be used in the simulation.