About pmf

From: Sting (stg1979_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 23:00:38 CDT

Hi all:

  I have performed a series of SMD with a constant velocity of 10 Å/ns to force a ligand release from the binding pocket and try to reconstruct the PMF, and I have some problem as follow:

1. How to compute the works done during the process? Should it be: The displacement of ligand*applied Force or The displacement of the moving point which drag the ligand ?

2. What is the diffrence between the PMF and the Activation Energy as well as that between it and the Free Energy of Activation, and how to verify a reasonable PMF?

I really need someone to help me. Thank you in advance!

        Sting
        stg1979_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn
          2007-06-15