Re: Why is SHAKE not being used in typical NAMD simulations ?

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 11:10:34 CDT

Hi Gianluca,
this is almost certainly the cause; if you use 1/2/4 multiple
timestepping you should see results more in line with what Himanshu and
I have quoted.

When I talk about very large simulations, I mean those in the 500,000 to
2 million atom range; the problems I run into there are mostly with
equilibration, lead to detectable crashes if they occur. If you have
them, you'll know -- this isn't the insidious sort of error that, for
example, the pressure profile issues could be.

Peter