Re: Laptop for Molecular Dynamics

From: Sławek Orłowski (bigman_at_fizyka.umk.pl)
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 07:23:48 CDT

Hi,

I have Toshiba P100 with Intel Core 2 Duo T7400, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7900
GS and very good 17” LCD. It is very fine laptop, but it is rather heavy
:) I think you should buy laptop with GeForce 7600 or better and with
64bit Core 2 Duo. 2 GB RAM is a minimum for analyzing MD trajectory. For
now 4 GB RAM in 2x2 GB DDR in laptop is very expensive. And one more,
desktop PC is always better (fast and scalable) than laptop in the same
configuration. For analyzing MD trajectories in my opinion you should
buy desktop PC.

I hope this can help,
Slawomir Orlowski
TMBG, Faculty of Physics Astronomy and Informatics
Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland