Re: Simulating air with NAMD

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 21:14:56 CDT

Well, by gas phase, what you mean, and I think may not be clear to
some people, is that it is essentially simulating the (presumed)
protein in a vacuum. This is done sometimes, I'm sure, and may be
reasonable. But he didn't say WHAT he was simulating other than air,
so I only addressed that particular part of the question. :)