Re: a topology file in VMD

From: Cesar Luis Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 08:58:01 CDT

Hi there,
Since you are going to use charmm topology and parameter files I suggest
first reading the documentation on

http://www.charmm.org/document/Charmm/c32b2/rtop.html
http://www.charmm.org/document/Charmm/c32b2/parmfile.html

DSPC can be built joining two different residues PCGL and STEA and
patches EST1 EST2.
I think there are no parameters for arachidoyl tails so you will have to
develop them.

Topology and parameter files provided with vmd can be found at
vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/readcharmmpar1.0/par_all27_prot_lipid_na.inp
vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/readcharmmtop1.0/top_all27_prot_lipid_na.inp

Regards
Cesar