Re: question on heating

From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 05:29:49 CDT

Hi guys,

Thank you for your comments.

Leandro: the constraints are not "fixed-atom" ones (I'm not a big fan
of "fixing" atoms). Constraints I apply are usually "smooth", so that
at the end I don't get the buggy clashes you mentioned. In general,
I've been using such approach to equilibrate my systems, and it has
worked out very well for me.

I forgot to mention that I'm trying to simulate a protein-membrane
system, so in this case the situation becomes a little bit more
complicated -I rather say "a pain in the neck"-. I'll see what I get
and will write back if further problems appear.

Cheers,
Michel