RE:Re: Help !!! ERROR: Atoms mooving too fast

From: Andrea Diaz (jd2006_at_latinmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 14:46:36 CDT

Hello,

I have been running the equilibration again, minimizing for 5000 steps and increasing the pairlistdist parameter from 18.5 to 30 ( my cut off is 14 ), it didn't work. Now I am getting this error:

FATAL ERROR: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!
Possible solutions are to restart from a recent checkpoint,
increase margin, or disable useFlexibleCell for liquid simulation.

I am giving the dimensions to the cell vectors using VMD, I used the minmax command and I assigned the value of the length of the box that I measure from vmd to the configuration file. Is this wrong ?

I am using NPT simulation, for that reason I don't believe that disable the UseFlexibleCell parameter was a good solution.

Thanks a lot .. I will be waiting for your suggestions

Andrea

minimize for 2000 steps...I hope it will work!
The box seems too small..

Alessandro

--
Dr. Alessandro Casoni
Istituto di Chimica Organica "A. Marchesini"