membrane simulation: pressure control parameters

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 06:55:10 CDT

Dear NAMD users,

I am new to membrane simulations and I would like to ask those of you
with experience in the arrea whether the Nose-Hoover Langevin Piston is
the method to use for pressure control. If yes, I would also like to ask
you whether I should set useConstantArea to "yes" and I should use
SurfaceTension as well ... If Surface Tension is recommended, can
somebody point me to an appropriate value for a POPC bilayer ?

Thanks a lot in advance

vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org