Re: non-parallel NAMD compilation

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 13:59:49 CDT

Hi,

 There are many ways to compile NAMD. so you don't have to compile MPI
version of Charm++/NAMD, and bypassing MPI_Init.
 For example, you can compile UDP (net version) of Charm++, which uses
standard UDP sockets. Having that compiled, you can run NAMD in a
standalone fashion just like sequential:
  ./namd2 ./config

Gengbin