Re: applying experimental constraints to a MD simulation

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 11:57:25 CDT

Hi Michel,

If you apply a harmonic restraint on the distance with force constant k at
temperature T, you should get an approximate Gaussian distribution of width
sigma = sqrt( RT / k )
(it will be rigorously Gaussian if the restraint force is much stronger than
whatever coupling there is to other dgrees of freedom).

So there is no need to define an interval: you should be able to tune your
force constant directly based on the experimental dispersion.

Best,
Jerome