Re: flexiblecell and constant ratio

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 09:26:48 CST

If you're using a membrane you almost certainly want to use either
UseconstantRatio or useConstantArea (I tend to prefer the former). If
you use the configuration in your second example variations in size
along the mebrane's plane will be treated as identical to variations in
the solvent direction, which is almost certainly not what you want.

If you z direction doesn't correspond with the thickness of the
membrane, the best solution is probably rotating your system 90 degrees
;-). Otherwise useConstantRatio is likely to behave oddly.

Peter