Re: forming disulfide after equilibrating system

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2006 - 12:55:40 CST

You need to apply a DISU patch using psfgen. You can do this with
your equilibrated structure, assuming the two cysteines are not too
far apart. You will first need a pdb for this final structure.

The problem is, to run psfgen, you need a pdb for each segment.
AutoPSF in vmd should do it automatically for you. The topology file
should explain how to apply the disulfide patch (probably DISU
seg:res1 seg:res2 but check to be sure).

After applying the patch, be sure to minimize the resulting
structure. Let us know if there are any problems.