RE: water box deformation

From: Ana Celia Araujo Vila Verde (avilaverde_at_engr.psu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 17:15:35 CST

Hi,

I didn't quite understand what you said related to PMEGRidSize, but you should definitely equilibrate your molecule in NPT before running in NVT, otherwise the number of water molecules for the volume you're simulating will most likely be wrong (if you want water to have a density around 1 g/cm3) and you'll start observing voids in the water.

The PMEgridSize values may be a little smaller or bigger than the actual values you use for the cellBasisVector but they should always be factorizable (if there is such a word) in 2s, 3s or (less good) 5s to speedup the calculations. Eg:
For
cellBasisVector1 99.9 0. 0.
cellBasisVector2 0. 99.9 0.
cellBasisVector3 0. 0. 63.