Re: rigid protein

From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 12:29:32 CDT

Mark,

could you elaborate what you mean by "the external ones under PBC are
irrelevant" ? I don't quite understand your statement.

I don't know which application is intended, but eg for forming protein
assemblies, I could imagine that rigid individual proteins might be a
useful first approximation..
..where do I get it wrong?

Marc

>>> Mark Abraham said:
>> Anahita Tafvizi wrote:
>> > I need to treat my protein as a solid object but not fix it. [..]
>>
>> If you're using PBC, it's equivalent. You want internal degrees of
>> freedom fixed, and since the external ones under PBC are irrelevant, you
>> may as well fix them all.

Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr