Possible bug on NAMD 2.6B1?

From: Cesar Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 11:06:23 CDT

Dear all,
I am using NAMD 2.6B1 on AMD Atlhon Dual Core machines. I have recompiled
from sources following the directions posted on the Wiki by Jim Philips
"Load Balancer Hangs on dual-core Opteron clusters", ie moving the 1 to
CMK_TIMER_USE_TIMES for net-linux-amd64. Now, when I run simulations no
longer than 10000 steps, the simulation stops on some arbitrary point with
the following error message:

 ------------- Processor 1 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
Signal: segmentation violation
Suggestion: Try running with '++debug', or linking with '-memory
paranoid'. Fatal error on PE 1> segmentation violation

[1]+ Exit 1 charmrun +p2 ++local /usr/local/bin/namd2
equilibrado.namd >equilibrado.log

Has anyone experienced the same problem? What additional information
should I provide in order to debug this problem? I am using kernel
2.6.16.20 SMP, gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13).

I would deeply appreciate if someone could share with me binaries (or
specific direction for building them) for running on AMD64 Dual Core
clusters connected through gigabit ethernet.

Best Regards

Cesar Avila