Re: (No subject)

From: a-yermakova_at_northwestern.edu
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 11:46:35 CDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) I am working with hemagglutinin (a protein of 1602 residues, ~300kD). In fact, the protein was
already misshaped right after I solvated it in the water box (even before the minimization). I have
gone through the tutorial and followed the instructions. By "looking terrible" I mean that many
structures (s.a. helices) are represented simply as lines. If you take those lines away, there
wouldn't be much left of the protein. I think that means that that information is simply missing -
because if I try to calculate distances on one of those "lines", nothing shows up.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you,
Anya Y

==============Original message text===============