Re: NAMD: compile problem

From: bo baker (bo.bybaker_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 11:49:12 CDT

Thanks for your suggestion.

I try to find if xlc/xlc++ in my path, but return with no such file.
Here are what I tried:

~ bakerby$ hello.c
-bash: hello.c: command not found

~ bakerby$ which c
no c in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin

~ bakerby$ which c compile
no c in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin

~ bakerby$ which xlc
no xlc in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin

~ bakerby$ xlc/xlc++
-bash: xlc/xlc++: No such file or directory

It seems that the c compile is not install. If the IBM does not yet
support the IBM XL compilers on Mac OS X 10.4, so NAMD can't be used
in Mac OS X 10.4 plateform?

Thank you for your advices.

Bo