RE: SMD Energy

From: Pijush Ghosh (pijush.ghosh_at_ndsu.edu)
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 12:16:00 CDT

Dear Li and Sterling

 I appreciate your discussion. Well as Li mentioned that the heights of the
peaks depends on the rate of pulling. I have seen similar response for my
system too. I want to share some result on energy with you all so that we
can have some more discussion. I am doing at NPT ensemble. I observed at all
velocities the difference in total energy between final and initial is much
higher than the area under the Force-Displacement curve. Is it expected ?

Pijush Ghosh

PhD Student

Department of Civil Engineering

North Dakota State University