Re: minimum energy frame

From: LEWYN LI (ll2150_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 12:39:23 CDT

Dear Richard,

         Are you familiar with the LINUX environment and script languages
such as awk? If yes, here is my "quick-and-dirty" solution. Using LINUX,
you can first extract all the energy lines:

grep ENERGY output.log > output2.dat

         You can then use awk to extract the columns you want (x = step,
y = total energy):

awk {'print $x " " $y'} output2.dat > output3.dat

         You can then quickly plot output3.dat i.e. plot energy as a
function of step. Visually identify the minimum, and find the
corresponding frame in your trajectory. Or you can write a short program
in C or any other language convenient for you to extract the minimal
energy.

         Hope this helps!

                                                         LEWYN