Re: vmd-l: force over selection

From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 10:26:50 CST

Ioana,
  You can use VMD's atom selection feature to write out PDB files with
the occupancy field of selected atoms set to 1, or you could emit a file
containing a list of atom serial numbers (NAMD counts from 1 IIRC) and
use those in your NAMD job, depending on NAMD feature you end up using
for this. I don't know if there's a way to perform selections within NAMD
itself (implied by "update it every step" in your question below),
you'll have to ask the NAMD guys about that stuff...

  John