RE: starting simulation in charmm, continuing in NAMD ?

From: EPF \(Esben Peter Friis\) (EPF_at_novozymes.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 03:48:06 CST

Hi again

Even though they use the same force field, the simulation engines of
NAMD and Charmm are not entirely identical (?). Even if you could read
the velocities from the charmm run into NAMD, I believe it would still
lead to a different result than continuing in Charmm. It is probably ok
to do the equilibration in Charmm, and then reassign the velocities and
do the production in NAMD. But, as Michel points out, it would probably
be better to start from scratch, if it is not an enourmous amount of CPU
time.

Best wishes

Esben