Re: velocity error

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 13:38:13 CST

Hi Bo,
if you are running a restart, you should not respecify the periodic
system; this is updated by the restart.xsc file. So you should comment
those lines out of the restart conf file. Also, it is generally not a
good idea to cut things to close to 1 point per angstrom on the PME grid
density. You should always allow a little extra just to be sure that you
won't go under 1 point per angstrom (this isn't a magical boundary, but
it is generally helpful to be able to specify a minimum density when
discussing your results). I would recommend padding your PME grid sizes
a bit more. These two changes may help; it is very possible that
respecifying the wrong periodic cell dimensions on restart caused part
of the system to wrap into itself.
Peter