Re: Altix Performance Tuning

From: Alessandro Cembran (cembran_at_chem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 11:03:53 CDT

Jim,

Thank you for the note. Thanks to Mark advices and then talking with my
sysadmin again, we figured out that the problem is due to the fact that
the 256 procs altix node here is not making use of the CPUset
functionality. Using that would most likely solve this problem, as also
shown by this pdf of the University of Innsbruck I found online:
http://unix-docu.uibk.ac.at/zid/systeme/unix-hosts/altix32/cpuset-excerpt.pdf#search=%22altix%20cpuset%22

Thanks everybody for the support, I will let you know how things are
going when (hopefully soon) the CPUset is implemented here.

Alessandro