Fat node

From: jonathan_at_ibt.unam.mx
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 21:02:13 CDT

Hello everyone. I couldn't find any threads about this, so here it goes. We are
about to buy new equipment for building a Linux cluster, and we have been
suggested to buy a "fat node" with some 8 dual-core processors and 16GB or 32GB
RAM. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of achitechture regarding
parallel performance (e.g. with NAMD)? Our guess is that the latency within
this single motherboard should be lower than on the same number of processors
("thin nodes") on Gbit ethernet, but how would it compare to Myrinet? Any
comments are very much appreciated.

J. Valencia

Este mensaje fue enviado desde el servidor Webmail del Instituto de Biotecnologia.