any SD minimization in NAMD?

From: Ching Wong (wongcw_at_TITAN.SFASU.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 14:59:57 CDT

Hi,all NAMD users.

Is CG (conjugated gradient) the only way of minimization provided by
NAMD? I am wondering if it's fairly okay to do without SD (steepest
descent). Some books mention about minimization protocol of using SD
then CG (or other combinations). Do you always include SD in your
protocol and do it with some other programs? Any suggestion of
programs? Or do you think it is not necessary to use SD for crystal
structure or homology model?

Thanks in advance. And thanks for everybody that answered my past
questions. :)

Sincerely,
Jas

-------