Re: About the module of "External Electric Field "

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 02:02:03 CDT

Hi Wang,
just to be clear, the manual is referring to a temporal square wave, not
a spatial square wave. So, for example, the sequence of commands

eField 0 0 0
run 100
eField 0 0 10
run 100
eField 0 0 0
run 100

Produces a 300 step run with 100 steps of no field, 100 steps of a field
in the z direction, and 100 steps of no field again. Spatially
inhomogeneous fields cannot be simulated using this feature, and must
instead be treated using other means (such as tclForces).

Peter